cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Database

sdcadmin
Level 5

Hello,

We have BE 2010 R3.  When we rebuilt our server, we pointed BE to the SQL instance and it created the BEDB as it normally does.  We detached that instance and replaced it with original instance.  The services will not start and we get event id 7001, service-specific error code 0x2000e2d3, and error code 58068.  We were able to get it to connect to the BEDB instance.  We rebooted the system.  I checked and the BEDB instance was gone again.  It was reattached.  We rebooted the system and the BEDB instance stayed; however, the services won't start.  All of the trouble shooting tips and suggestions have been exhausted.  I have no idea what else to do.  All of the SQL services are running on the database hosting the instance.

Thanks,

William

10 REPLIES 10

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Any particular reason for installing the BEDB on a remote SQL server? If it's a case of backing it up with an SQL agent, you can get around this...BE creates a backup of the BEDB every morngin at 4am (bedb.bak). This, along with a backup of the Data/Catalogs folders would be good enough to recover BE in case of a server crash.

To troubleshoot...try installing BE with the SQL DB installed locally and see if it works...

THanks!

sdcadmin
Level 5

Thanks for the responses.

Rahul - The first link has been tried already without any success.  The second one didn't resolve the issue either.  It appears that a file may have become corrupt during one of the moves.  We're not 100% sure.

Craig - As you suspected if the server crashed, we did not want the data to be associated with that server. We do backup a lot of information.  Doesn't BE recommend not using a local set up where a lot of jobs will be cataloged?  Thanks for the insight.  I'll let the team know.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Doesn't BE recommend not using a local set up where a lot of jobs will be cataloged?

Where did you get that recommendation?  If you backup the Data and Catalog direcotories, you would be able to re-create all your settings if you had install the default SQL Express instance for the BEDB.

CraigV

...it's not full SQL that gets installed in a default installation, it's SQL Express.

If you locate your BEDB on a remote server then you risk seeing BE go down if you need to restart the SQL server, or do any maintenance.

SQL Express is light-weight, and works well. You'd probably get better performance as it localising it.

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,
As services don't started, couldn't it be a license issue?
Regards

CraigV

Hi,

Licenses don't have anything to do with services at all...with resources yes, but not services.

Thanks!

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Oups... this was for an old NetBackup issue (services started and stopped immediatly).

sdcadmin
Level 5

Thanks for the responses and information.  CraigV, the media servers had already been configured and set up.  The team felt it would have been more of a hassel to undo it.  We will be mindful of the set up when dealing with the databases.

sdcadmin
Level 5

pkh,

The question was asked by our Team Lead.  I'm not sure where he may have seen that information.  Thanks for the answer.  As I explained to CraigV, the set up was already done and the team felt it would have been more of a hassel to undo it.