cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL error number 0011

Alan_Dratch
Level 2

I am getting this error in event logs on all new installations of Veritas for SBS 2003 "SQL error message: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied."

I noticed a few posts regarding this error message but I have not seen a solution.

These servers are SBS 2003 running MSDE or SQL 2005 Express. The SQL is on the same box as the backup exec. I get this message even when backing up a single folder that does not contain SQL. The SQL agent is installed. It appears to back up the SQL database. Since I monitor all event logs for backup exec errors, I keep get notified that the backup has failed.

1 REPLY 1

Lou_Buffetta
Level 5
Employee
Hi Alan

When you installed Backup Exec did you install the SQL Express database into a new instance or into an existing instance (you mentioned SQL is installed on the same box and Backup Exec)?

Take a look at this TechNote and see if it helps. It was written for an older version of Backup Exec. The only difference is the location of the file.

-- Old Location =  \Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT
    -- 11d Location = \Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\

Event ID: 57860 "An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server... SQL error number: "0011"" is seen when backing up a server with SQL installed.