cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP 0x0000001E after Quantum drive connected

Dominik_Bugala
Not applicable
Recently purchased DLT-V4 SCSI drive for server data backup on Windows2000 server. Drive comes with Symantec BE 10d build 5629.
1. I used external SCSI cable, terminated drive just as described in quick start guide supplied with the drive.
2. Started Windows server.
3. Device appeared with yellow question mark in device manager.
4. Downloaded and installed driver from Quantum webapage(Quantum_DLT_Driver_v4-1-2-0.exe).
Drive icon in device manager appeared but from this point server crashed causing memory dump everytime drive is connected and powered.
I had to disconnect drive completely so system could start completely.
The same SCSI interface was used before with HP DAT72 drive so it is rather working fine. I know that tape drive must not be connected to RAID SCSI controler which is present on this system. (It is connected to SCSI interface used before with tape drives)
After that:
5. Installed Backup Exec 10.1 build 5629 to replace original drivers Quantum with ones included in Backup Exec. I hoped drivers will be replaced and software will work fine. I was wrong: turning drive on (always with server switched off) causes crash just after system starts and Windows desktop appears.
6. Contacted Microsoft: downloaded and installed Windows hotfix: Windows2000-KB904374-x86-ENU.EXE. No change. System crashes after showing desktop.
7. Contacted Quantum: customer support suggested to clean invalid registry entries with with registry cleaning tool. Didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas? Or shall I just discard this device and forget about backup. After 2 weeks I feel dumb.
I can either try to send drive to Quantum returns department (in Hungary!)to get it tested and maybe replaced within 2 weeks or try do something. #
Appreciate any useful advice.
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

From the compatibility list given below please check if your device is supported

(title) Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers (tm) 10d (10.1) Hardware Compatibility List. Includes HCL information for supported drives, libraries, virtual tape devices, fibre-channel HBAs, switches, routers/bridges, and iSCSI components. For printing purposes, the latest version of Acrobat is recommended.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281670
If your device is tested install the latest drivers from the following link

http://support.veritas.com/docs/281696
What are the errors in the system and application event logs

Thanks.