cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYMANTEC BE 2010 R2 & IBM TS3100

SUPERBDFS
Level 2

DEAR GEEKS,

IAM FACING AN ISSUE WITH SYMANTEC BE 2010 R2 AND IBM TS3100 TALE LIBRARY.TS3100 TAPE LIBRARY IS CONNECTED VIA SAS TO THE IBM BLADECENTER E CHASIS.ONE OF THE BLADE SERVERS IAM USING AS BACKUP SERVER.SYMANTEC HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND CONFIGURED WITH ALL THE JOBS BE HAS DETECTED MY TAPE LIBRARY.I CAN RUN TEST RUN OF ALL THE BACKUP JOBS SUCCESSFULY.BUT WHEN I RUN THE ACTUAL BACKUP JOB ITS GOES INTO QUEUE AND NO BACUP IS HAPPENING.

MEDIA CHANGER IS NOT DETECTED IN THE DEVMGMT.IS THERE ANY SEPERATE DRIVERS OR SOMETHING FOR MEDIA CHANGER.CAN I DOWNLOAD DRIVERS FOR MEDIA CHANGER FROM SOMEWHERE.AN HELP IS APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE,

THANKS

MANEK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If the media changer isn't being detected in Device Manager, then it is a hardware configuration issue, not Backup Exec. BE itself would see what the OS sees...if the OS doesn't see the robotics, neither will BE.

Under Devices in BE, do you see your tape robotics, with the drive under it? Drivers for your robotics in Windows would show Unknown Medium Changer...Symantec's drivers would only be for the tape drive itself.

Craig

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

If the media changer isn't being detected in Device Manager, then it is a hardware configuration issue, not Backup Exec. BE itself would see what the OS sees...if the OS doesn't see the robotics, neither will BE.

Under Devices in BE, do you see your tape robotics, with the drive under it? Drivers for your robotics in Windows would show Unknown Medium Changer...Symantec's drivers would only be for the tape drive itself.

Craig

SUPERBDFS
Level 2

HAI CRAIG,

I CAN SEE THE TAPE UNDER DEVICES.I CAN SEE THE MEDIA AND ALSO I CAN ACCESS THE MEDIA IN THEM.BUT BKP GOES TO QUE FOR LONG TIME WITHOUT BACKING UP SINGLE BYTE.

ITS NOT SHOWING AS UNKNOWN MEDIUM CHANGER ALSO.ITS NOT AT ALLL SHOWING ANY MEDIA CHANGERS.

THANKS

MANEK

CraigV

OK, so Windows does not show any medium changer? If not, your issue lies there...you need to troubleshoot why Windows doesn't see it.

In this case, you need to invetigate why the blade server doesn't see the device correctly.

CraigV

Hi Manek,

Did you ever come right here?

Thanks!