cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Jobs no running

Neil_Bayton
Level 2
I configured Back up exec to run 6 jobs daily, all to run at different times, when the network was not being used. I thought I had configured it so the next day it would backup again overwriting the previous days back up. 3 of the 6 jobs worked on the first day ( only one of the jobs that did not work came up as an error the others seemed to be lost forever ) anyway the next day none of the jobs ran, I checked the Media set and it allows for the files to be overwritten. One thing I did notice was that one of the jobs is set to running, even though it clearly is not as this has been running for 5 days now, i assume this is stopping all the other jobs from running, but Back up exec will not allow deletion of a job that is in the running state. I beleive if I can delete this job the others may run, Any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Are there any alerts?
- Have you created jobs using policies?
- To stop the current job, cancel it. If it continues to run, recycle Backup Exec services.
- You have mentioned that there was an error "( only one of the jobs that did not work came up as an error the others seemed to be lost forever )". Please specify the error message.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Neil_Bayton
Level 2
Thanks, I stopped the services then this allowed me to cancel the job, which had been stuck.

Cheers
Neil