cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Scratch Media Doesn' t Print

Carl_Schneider
Level 2
I am running version 10.0 Rev. 5520 on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Server. I have Veritas running as Administrator, who has all rights to the printers. However, I schedule the 'Scratch Media Availability' report to run daily in the Job Schedule, but only the 'job completed successfully' report prints. I have the 'include job log...' option checked, and have followed the instructions to the letter for setting up a printer in the notification list. What would keep the report from printing?
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any error message?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Carl_Schneider
Level 2
No, there is no error message displayed in the Veritas logs or in the system logs. In fact, the system event viewer says the job printed successfully. Since I have the "Include job log with a notification to an e-mail or printer recipient" option selected, I get the one page summary printing on the designated printer that says:

Backup Exec Alert: Job Success (Server: "SERVER") (Job: "Scratch Media Availability Daily Printout")

(Server: "SERVER") (Job: "Scratch Media Availability Daily Printout") Completed Successfully.

FYI - The printer and driver is installed on the server and is not mapped through a terminal services session either. It's like the report print job never gets sent to the printer, although the e-mail receipients do receive the report on the e-mail.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Carl,
- Do you get the same Problem with the Mail recepient that you said you have configured?
- Is this your Default Printer on this Server?
- Do your normal Backup job Notifications included with the job Log, print?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the notification is sent to the recipient (printer), the report is not
included. This is by design.When running a schedule job for a printer Backup Exec will only print the Job Log and not the report. This option is to run a Report at a specific time and not to print the Report. If you send the output of a report job to the printer in the Notifications option it will only print the job
log "Backup Exec Alert : Job Success" in the printed paper/output.
If you need to print the report then you need to open the report and then
click on the print icon.

Please visit our Backup Exec Enhancement website in order to log your
enhancement request to the product.
<>

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.