cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema Mismatch and Database not found of BEDB ...

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

i tried to migrate my BE 2014 Installation from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2 on the same Hardware with the same FQDN.
I reinstalled the new OSE with all MS Updates and installed the BE 2014 RTM with the latest hotfix (same as the installation under 2008 R2).
Disk layout is the same.

I followed the withpaper http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129826 and it failed.

At startup of the beutility i receive error messages in the event log.

The Backup Exec Device and Media Service cannot start because it detected a database schema version mismatch.

And ADAMM was not able to open the database ...

Adamm Database Event: Open Database Connection Failed!
Error = ERROR_DATABASE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
Server = "SERVERNAME"
Active Node = ""
Instance = "BkupExec"
Database = "BEDB"
Connection String = "DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=SERVERNAME\BkupExec;DATABASE=BEDB;App=BEWS PVL"

The Backup Exec Device and Media Service could not connect to the specified database. Ensure that the specified database is running, and then try starting the service again. If this is a remote database, also ensure that the firewall is properly configured.

so i tried

bemig

and this failed too.

Even the symantec preinstallation check is not working as needed. the pre req. ceck doesn´t check for .NET 3.5 SP1 installed.
.NET 3.5 SP1 is needed by SQL Express installation ...

Event Log, during all the migration

This functionality requires .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. Please install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to use this functionality.

Has anyone tested the migration process as described in the symantec whitepaper, before publishing?

thanks

Jürgen

1 REPLY 1

MikeKaro
Level 2

I'm currently having the same issue, I found this when running the Symantec Help 2.1 app.

I'm having backups fail to my Exagrid dedupe device with:

A backup storage read/write error has occurred. If the storage is tape based, this is usually caused by dirty read/write heads in the tape drive. Clean the tape drive, and then try the job again. If the problem persists, try a different tape. You may also need to check for problems with cables, termination, or other hardware issues. If the storage is disk based, check that the storage subsystem is functioning properly. Review any system logs or vendor specific logs associated with the storage to help determine the source of the problem. You may also want to check any vendor specific documentation for troubleshooting recommendations. 

I have a ticket open, and I'll update if it's related I'll update.