Did you mean: 

Selection Lists Will Not Save

CameronJReed
Level 3
I am running the following...
Symantec Backup 11d
Windows 2003 Server w/ SP1
MS SQL Server 2005 RTM (No SP)
I have created a Selection List and in that selection list I have selected 58 different datbases and 1 entire drive.  This selection list saves normally. (meaning: when I click the OK button it saves and closes the window)
I have also created a selection list and selected the same drive and selected 190 databases.  When I click the OK button it does not save and close the window.  The OS is NOT frozen.  I can click OK again and again and it still does not save and close.  If I click the Cancel button it will close the window without saving (normal behavior) 

Why is this happening???
10 REPLIES 10

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have any service on your BackupExec installation?

There was a bug that prevented saving large Selection Lists, don't remember what the limit was

(also don't remember if it was build 7170 or 6235)

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 09-19-2007 09:28 AM

CameronJReed
Level 3
So are you saying that I need to update to BUILD 7170 SP1?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I think  that the problem was with 6235, so uprading to 7170 should fix it, if you do that, then I'd recommend the SP as well

If you are on 6235, and don't want to go to 7170, then the latest SP should fix the problem.  See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290728.htm

CameronJReed
Level 3
I have been able to successfully install the "be6235RSP2_32bit_290729.exe", but when I try to run the "be7170RSP1_32bit_290803.exe" it reads the package, but then throughs the error "Upgrade terminated unexpectedly.  Please see installation log for details"

I have no idea where the installation logs are or why this package is NOT installing.

HELP!!!, PLEASE!!!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You are trying to install a service pack for build 7170 on a build 6235 system

CameronJReed
Level 3
How do I upgrade to build 7170 then.  Even after installing the SP on the older build I still cannot save the selection lists

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Bettie_Claxton
Level 4

It is rev 1364. I have a relatively small list, but when I try to go in and de-select some files for backup, it just won't save.  Like the above person, there is nothing locked up and BE responds to the cancel and close buttons. Any suggestions for v12?

OVMC2
Level 2
I am running the following...
Symantec Backup 12d v1364 SP3 Hotfix 305849
Windows 2003 Server w/ SP2 and latest MS patches
MS SQL Server 2005 w/SP 3
I have created a Selection List with 34 servers and I can save it normally.
When I add an additional server (35) and click the OK button it does not save and close the window.  The OS is NOT frozen.  I can click OK again and again and it still does not save and close.  If I click the Cancel button it will close the window without saving (normal behavior)

If I create a new BackUp with just the new server, it saves normally.

What's the solution?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Just for grins, try creating a new selection list with all the old servers and the new one and see if that saves.