cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server/Drive missing from restore selection

Daniel_May
Level 3
hi,

Performing a restore of one of our file servers and I have discovered that one of the drives is not selectable from the restore list, the restore list shows that this is not the first time it has happended either.
The backup for this server completes without any errors for that data areas and only gives a warning regarding a few AV tmp files in use.
i have tried recataloging the tape but it says the media has already been cataloged, I've run a repair of the database and have reindexed them as well.  I've even started with an empty catalog folder and recataloged the tape, it will list all servers on the backup job except the file server I am restoring from.

I've discovered this posting, and would like to know if this is true and if a fix has been brought out for it (apart from upgrading the latest version!)

Specs for our backup server are:-
Compaq DL380, Win2k, Sp4, 1Gb RAM, BE 9.1 4691, IBM LTO2 autoloader
Truncating catalogs is switched off along with removing them after a period and deleted expired data is not set either (the backup server has plenty of free disk space)

We had the same issue with another site but that was resolved (as far as I'm aware)when we upgraded, I am very concerned that a successful backup does not necessary mean a restore can be performed.

cheers
Dan
0 REPLIES 0