cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server running my backup exec software crashed

gatecrasherza
Level 2

Hi,

I am running Windows server 2003 R2, with backup exec 11d. The OS got corrupted which I installed to a new folder on the save server. I still have access to all the old files, so now the question is can I recover my old BE configuration?(Jobs, schedules etc....)

Regards

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes you can, you need the DATA and CATLOGS folder to restore all the jobs, policies and settings.

Install Backup Exec and then perform copy database which will import the database in the new

installation. Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49757

Once DB is in place replace the existing catalogs folder with the old catalogs folder.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

IF you have the backup of the data and the catalog foler you can restore them.

You can simply stop the backup exec services and restore the data and the catalog folder, try starting the services and see if you are able to get them started .Incase if the bacjup exec database are mising you can  use  Beutility  and reload the database from last backup .(every day at 4pm when the backup exec maintianance run Be database is dumped into backup file , so when you reload the database from the last backup you can recover all the jobs and configuration .)

gatecrasherza
Level 2

Awesome thanks guys, let me try. Will keep you all updated.