cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several jobs show as already running, but do not appear in Job Monitor, and I cannot cancel them...

Steven_Eversole
Level 4
We have 15 offices, each having a Managed Media Server.  On the CASO, I have 1 policy for each office, with 3 templates (and 3 jobs) for each office, a "MON-WED" differential job (runs Mon, Tues, Wed), a "THU w/ eject" differential job, and a FRI full job.  On 8 of the servers, the FRI full job doesn't show up in "Job Monitor".  When I look at the jobs in "Job Setup", I can right-click one of the jobs and select "Run Now", but it says the job is "already running".  I then tried to delete the template from the policy, and it worked, but the job still showed up in the Jobs list in "Job Setup".  I chose "Run Now", and it said it's "already running.  I then created a new job, and selected "Run Now", and it's not doing anything.  I still cannot delete the other job.  I disabled the tape drive, I've restarted the BE Services, rebooted the server several times, made it a standalone media server, then made it a managed media server again.  No matter what I do, no change, and this is happening in half of my offices, with the FRI Full jobs not working.

Please help...
5 REPLIES 5

Steven_Eversole
Level 4
In an effort to fix this issue, I did install SP2 for v6235 last Friday, so all of my BE servers now have all available updates.  I will soon install v7170 to try to fix this issue.

Anyone have any other idea of something I can try?  Thank you highly! :)

Steven_Eversole
Level 4
I used BEUtility to do a consistency check on the database, and all checked out fine.  I then ran a database repair, which stopped and restarted all of the BE services on all of the BE servers, but this did nothing to help the issue either.  I still cannot run a job because it is already running, and I cannot cancel it. 

Due to this issue, 10 servers being backed up by 8 BE servers are not being backed up.  Can anyone help?

for
Level 2
I'm having the same problem is there anyone who know how to solve it?

for
Level 2
This is what I got form support:

You can also try to change SQL records on your own. If you decide to do it please do not send instruction to the customer and use webex and make backup of DB first:

1. Stop Backup Exec services.

2 Using Enterprise Manager/Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and look up and open the Jobs table in the BEDB database.

3. Find the job of the name which cannot be deleted from the UI and look up and take note of the BEJobID guid.

4. Right click all at the left of this row so it is highlighted and click delete.

5. Look up and open the table BEjobs and check for the existence of the guid taken note of  in the action above. If it exists delete the row.

6. Upon starting the services and open Backup Exec. The jobs deleted and now not listed anymore. It should now be possible to again run Create New Jobs Using Policy

Teg_Badhan
Level 3
I think if you stop all BE services (CASO and MMS) and delete the msqxxxxxxx.dat files in the data folder on all servers the jobs shoudl go away.
The instructions form Symantec shoudl work too, they have talked me through that on another occasion.