cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint 2010 Backup Fails

Imago_Dei
Level 2

V-79-57344-794 Error: Unable to query the team database meta-data is received

We have Backup Exec 2010 R3 Service Pack 1 and a Hotfix that was supposed to fix this issue. I searched for Service Pack 2 but it looks like it was taken down.

What are we supposed to do? If the Service Pack can fix this problem but I can't download it, I can removed this particular database from the backup list but it's not a solution, only a temporary workaround.

I search around quite a bit but didn't find anyone who claimed that the suggestions they were given resolved their issue, so I'm not even sure SP2 will solve this either.

Has anyone had this issue which got resolved? This seems to have been going on a while with no resolution. What are we to do for our client?!?

Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help us.

8 REPLIES 8

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

This issue was resolved by means of a hotfix in 2020 R3 but SP1 is a pre requisite of it. Why you can't download SP1?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

OP is trying to download SP2 & not SP1....SP2 has been taken back for few minor changes & would be re-released for download

Imago_Dei
Level 2

Yes, that's right! I was trying to find Service Pack 2 but couldn't find it; now I know why. I've already downloaded/installed SP1 and installed Hotfix 173536 but that didn't work anyway.

VJware, do you if this issue is really resolved with Service Pack 2? Because that Hotfix was supposed to fix it also and didn't work. Also, is there an ETA as to when SP2 will be re-released?

Thanks for the fast response.

Imago_Dei
Level 2

Hi, RahulG. Thanks for repying.

We're not backing up MOSS 2007, does that document apply to SharePoint 2010 as well?

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee

The 'Unable to query the team database meta-data' error can be caused by a couple different reasons.  Some were fixed in Hotfix TECH173536 which is part of SP 2.  The hotfix should be present for download if the SP is missing.  The causes of the error are:

1) While backing up SPS 2010 Service Apps / Proxies there may be some new fields present that were added by Microsoft.  If the error shows up during the User Profile Service App Proxy backup then the hotfix should resolve it.

2) If the error occurs during the backup of the Powerpoint Service App then the issue has not been fixed yet.  See http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166772 for more details. This error is caused by the Microsoft Office Service App SP1 which changed/added some fields to the Service App metadata.

Russ

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Per the release notes which I have for SP2, it does mention about a fix for this issue & sorry, I do not know as of yet when SP2 would be re-released...

EDIT*** let me check & see if I can find out the date or not..

Imago_Dei
Level 2

Thanks, VJware!

Russ, the error comes from:

User Profile Service Application\Proxy (PORTAL-SQL\b3337b12-1553-4614-9a13-1321b3a69ad4)

And unfortunately, the hotfix didn't fix anything, it's exactly the same and yet when checked what the hotfix is meant to resolve, it's the exact same issue under the exact same conditions and that's why I resulted to coming in to the forums.

Mainly wanted some reassurance that some user may have been in the same spot as I have and SP2 resolved it even when the hotfix didn't. This way I don't have to hold out for SP2 if it may not solve the issue and will pursue contacting Symantec tech support. But if it does, then I'll just wait for the SP2 re-release.

The big problem is, how long will we be able to NOT have this backed up for our client?!? We can't just not have a back up and I have a hard time understanding why the updates I've already installed haven't done the very thing they were supposed to do. frown