cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint 2007 Backukp Crashes when I Enable the restore of individual documents

gilagry
Level 4
We have Sharepoint 2007 on Windows Server 2003 box and it's databases reside on Windows Server 2003 x64 box.  Service pack 2 is installed along with HF 32, 33, and 34.

I am able to create a backup job for sharepoint, but it never completes.  It always fails with a communications failure error.

V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

And then Backup Exec Services on the backup console stops.

Then, when I uncheck the option to "Enable the restore of individual documents from the databse backup", the backup succeeds.  Backup method for both failed and successful backup jobs are Full - Backup up entire database.

How can I get sharepoint backup to complete AND enable the restore of individual items?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
If a Backup Exec service is crashing during backup or restore, this will need to go to Symantec support.  Unless you can get the crash dump, find what the service(s) is/are crashing on and search for a TechNote you probably won't get the help you need here.

Russ

gilagry
Level 4
FYI, for anyone else that may be having this issue.

I spoke w/support and they had me do a backup to tape - which works fine.  So for now, we'll be backup up to tape.  I've sent the logs on failed backup to disk jobs, so I'll keep ya'll posted when I hear back from Symantec.

Not applicable
Try backing up only the SharePoint Farm and nothing else in a single job.