cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint DB selected, not found by backup

MMazurkiewicz
Level 3
I've recently performed an inplace server upgrade from MS 2003 Standard to Enterprise, but in checking my backup logs I've been experiencing this situation on both versions of the software.

When my backup runs on the SQL servers, I have instances of both SQL 2000 and SQL2008 on this particular server because we haven't upgraded a software package yet which our current version is only compatible with SQL 2000.  Anyway, the SQL 2008 instance was installed for a SharePoint 2007 portal, and whenever the backup runs, all of the SQL 2008 databases result in the message:

[DB Path/Name] is in the backup selection list but was not found.

I'm not overly concerned as the SQL backups go to a secondary drive each night and are getting backed up, but I can't figure out why I can't back up the current databases.  When we did our inplace upgrade, we backed up and reformatted the C: drive and recreated everything with the same server name, IP address, local users, permissions, etc...everything is exactly as it was under the Standard edition.  I can navigate my selection list, expand the SQL 2008 instance and select the databases, but whenever the backup runs I keep getting this DB not found message.

Has anyone else run into this and have a solution?
5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

I take it you have the Sharepoint license loaded, and have repushed the RAWS agent to that server?

MMazurkiewicz
Level 3
I installed the remote agent after we installed SQL.  One thing that I am wondering is that since we used the same server name, IP address, accounts, etc... I didn't "remove" the old instance from before the upgrade so that I didn't have to recreate the job selections.  Would that have anything to do with it?

CraigV
Nope, should have no effect.
If it's the same IP address and server name, BEWS won't care.
But I'd look into loading up the Sharepoint license in BEWS (I assume it's 12.5?) for a 60-day trial...see if you get the same issue there. You can backup the Sharepoint farm using that.

MMazurkiewicz
Level 3
That is probably it.  I didn't know that there is a separate SharePoint agent, we just assumed that the SQL agent would grab it because it was a SQL database.  I just turned on the trial and will see how things to tonight and post an update after the job runs.

CraigV
Hi,

Was this a solution for you?