cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow backup on certain servers (2)

Harry_Sach
Level 3
Strange problem with two of my servers. One is server 2000 and the other is server 2003. The one thing these boxes have in common is they have ColdFusion MX 7 loaded on them as well as Apache. I am only able to back up these servers at 1MB per minute, restoring is the same speed. I don't have this problem with any other server. Does anyone know of any problems with Veritas and ColdFusion? It doesn't matter what file I try to backup on those boxes, it is all slow. Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

--For test purpose disable these ColdFusion MX 7 and Apache Application services and then run a backup and verify the throughput!

--Do these servers also have any other databases/applications running?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Harry_Sach
Level 3
Will try tomorrow and post the results.

Harry_Sach
Level 3
**UPDATE**

Turns out that it wasn't software causing the slow backup rate. It was either my NIC or the port my ethernet cable was plugged into. I made those two changes at the same time so I don't know which one it acutally was. Things are good now.