cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow verify speed on B2D

Warren_Davis
Level 3
I upgraded to 10.1 for windows servers from version 10. I still note slow berify speed on B2D. Backup and Verify speeds are normal with tape drives. B2D backup is 1/4 as fast as with version 9 and verify speed is 1/2 that of backup instead of faster. I am using windows 2003 server SP1. This server has GB ethernet, 3+gHz and 1G of memory. Drives are scsi and SATA. Workstations are xp pro. I have uninstalled antivirus with no effect on verify speed and have slowed the network to 100 mHz with autonegotiate turned off with no effect.

backup speeds are around 100-150 and verify speeds are 60-80. Unless I have over 24 hours on B2D, I have to turn off verify.
B2D speeds with the same hardware were over 400 for backup and 600-800 for verify with version 9. My DAT drive can backup the network in 6 hours while the B2D takes close to 24. Hope there can be a solution found for this.
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Warren!

Have you checked your system event logs if there are any errors or warning?

How long does it take to copy of a large file from one volume to the other?

Have you updated the controller drivers for the disks?

How much have you set the pagefile.sys file size for each of the drives? Does that help?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.