Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slowness to load the list of selection of job

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

hello

I'm having trouble loading the selection list to create / edit a job. It takes considerable time. One detail, which I believe is the problem, is the message that appears when you run the command VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS: "waiting for responses. These may be delayed if a shadow copy is being prepared." Already ran a script to register some DLLs, but without success.

Anyone ever had a similar problem or equal to this and found a solution? I called open with Symantec, but it is urgent, since I'm on stage deployment.

I'm with Backup Exec 2012 and updated Windows 2008 R2 Std updated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

Good afternoon,

the problem to load the selection list was related to the configurations of disks attached to the server. Removed a storage and did a scan for hardware change in device manager. After that, the problem was corrected.

Thank you all for the help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

If you have EFI partition on server then with BE 2012 this is known issue and please check link below for more details

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198184

To check whether it has EFI partiton or not please go to disk management on the server for which it takes time to load selection and you will notice there

And if it is EFI then for the above issue there is Orphan fix available for symantec so if you have open a case already you would be given that to resolve the issue

Hope that helps

Thanks

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

As I recall, I have no EFI partition. When VSSADMIN concluded without the message "waiting for responses ...", the selection is normal. It happened after restarting the server. Even restarting other times, the problem persists.

Any other suggestions??

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Fine ,Just to confirm if you can add the snap of your disk management would be good to confirm it

Thanks

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

I tried to open disk management, but is connecting to virtual disk service. But do remember this partition in EFI case, when I click the select list.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

If this EFI you would have to refer the link above then which I have given you to resolve it

Thanks

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

I checked the link you gave me. Had to wait for the call Symantec support. But do not think this is the case. I believe the problem is related to the VSS, as I mentioned earlier in the forum ....

I look forward to new suggestions

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

Anyone have any suggestions!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try re-installing your .Net framework.

Wilson_Sells
Level 3
Partner

Good afternoon,

the problem to load the selection list was related to the configurations of disks attached to the server. Removed a storage and did a scan for hardware change in device manager. After that, the problem was corrected.

Thank you all for the help.