cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony AIT4

Craig_2
Not applicable
Trying to install a new Sony LIB-81 AIT 4 library onto my 9.1 with SP1 server. Veritas found the drive and install their drivers with no problem they see the Sony autoloader and 8 slots. When I load a tape and try to do anything, Inventory, Label Media I get this error.

"Invalid Physical Volume Library Argument"

I notice when I run the Device Config wizard it tell me that it is unable to recognize the device "sony 2" and to choose the media type I choose AIT even though this is accepted and i finish the wizard when i look at the properties of the drive "Media Type" is listed as *** and read write are both no.
On a different subject is there a way to find my support contract? I know i have support I get the updated releases but I can't find the number
4 REPLIES 4

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

Thank you for posting your query.

The problem generally occurs due to an incorrect entry for the backup device in Backup Exec database.

Please refer to following steps for resolving the issue:

1. Run Beutility from \Program files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT

2. Add the Backup Exec server to All Media Servers (File >> New >> New
Media Server)
3. Right click on the Backup Exec server listed in, All Media Servers, and
select "Repair Database".
4. Check the results after repairing the database
If you still receive the same error then perform the following. Right click
on the Backup Exec server and select Recover Database. Select "Drop
existing and reload from the base" method.

Warning:
=======
Recovering database from base will result in loss of all scheduled jobs,
media sets, drive properties, alerts and related information.

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

billybish
Level 3
Despite what the Veritas rep has posted, I had the same issue with Sony AIT4 drives and it was resolved by installing the current updated Veritas drivers, deleting the drive from within Veritas, and restarting the backup exec services so that the drive is rediscovered. I woul try that before blowing away the database.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try doing these steps:

Please delete the device and re-create it with the following steps:

1.Open Backup Exec click on the devices tab Right-click the device that you are using, and click Properties

2.Click the Configuration tab, clear the Enable for Backup Exec checkbox, and click OK. The device will be disabled now.

3. Right-click the device, and click Delete

4. Now Power off the device and shut down the server

5. Next power on the device wait for it to initialize and then reboot the server and recycle the Backup Exec services again.

Additional information:

How to troubleshoot issues with a Robotic Library or Tape Drive in Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/255501

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply