cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Lib-81

Richard_McMahan
Level 2
I need some help getting the Lib-81 medium changer to work with backup exec 10 build 5520. The computer running the library has Windows 2003 server with an adaptec 39160 SCSI card connected to the library. I checked the HCL and the Lib-81 is listed. The SONY SDX-700V 0200 drive seems to work, but not the medium changer. Any suggestions?

Product: LIB-81 0106
Device Type: MediumChanger
Service Name: s3281mc
Current Driver Name: s3281mc.sys
Recognized by VERITAS?: No
VERITAS Driver Loaded?: No
SCSI Port: 1
SCSI BUS: 0
SCSI Target: 0
SCSI Lun: 0
6 REPLIES 6

David_Begley
Not applicable
Partner
I have seen this same issue in a friends environment. If you find the solution to this problem PLEASE post it.

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
I don't know of your speciifc hardware, but this knowledge base article has some very good general troubleshooting tips:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255501.htm

I would skip down the article to the section regarding the VSDloadtable registry entry and verify your library is listed and then verify the driver is running via WINMSD. It could be the SCSI device inquiry string has an extra character or something and its not being recognized.

Richard_McMahan
Level 2
I see that the SCSIChanger is not running. Any suggestions on how to get that running?

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

The following document will be of help to you:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/237047

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
I have a sony LIB-162. After investigating I found that Veritas makes drivers for the DRIVES, but not the MEDIUM CHANGER. I didn't have the specific problem you are having, but try going to storagebysony.com and use the support link to download an updated driver for the medium changer and use veritas drivers for the Drives.

Hope this helps some.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Richard,

Could you update us on the issue. Did the Article given by Asma and suggestion by Ryan help you?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.