cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed for backup via HBA Card

momaymm
Level 5

Why speed has reduced of backup job ?    See the image on Feb speed running speed 2000MB/sec    now speed running  500MB/Sec

Factor.

Same HBA card

Same San Storage

Same LUN

Same Fiber

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

momaymm
Level 5

Now i found root cause   becuz  network interface speed 100MB  i will change to 1 GB and use NIC Teamming running 2 GB  already

This is solution

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,

Can you start by referring to this article? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49521

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Well, what have you done to troubleshoot?

Have you restarted the media server and the library? Have you tried another FC port on the FC switch? Have you ruled out a faulty cable? Is the drive OK and have you tested this with the vendor's diagnostic utility?

Thanks!

Gunni75
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

can you described your FC-Enviroment and your Media-Server Configuration for Backup2Disk (Storage-Config and so on...).

regards

momaymm
Level 5

Speed backup and verufy  is very bad.

momaymm
Level 5

Have you restarted the media server and the library?

Ans:  restart server already.

Have you tried another FC port on the FC switch?

Ans: Not yet to do, but i don't change config on FC switch and HBA card .

Have you ruled out a faulty cable?

Ans: I'm not sure.  same cable use old server before move to new server.

Is the drive OK and have you tested this with the vendor's diagnostic utility?

Ans:Not yet to do .

CraigV

OK, so you moved to a new media server. Have you:

1. Made sure that the robotics shows up as "Unknown medium changer" in Device Manager, and that you're using the Symantec drivers for the tape drive/s? You can use tapeinst.exe to install the Symantec drivers for the tape drive.

2. Made sure that any antivirus installed isn't perhaps blocking the BE services or actively scanning them? If so, put in an exclusion for them and check again.

Thanks!

momaymm
Level 5

OK, so you moved to a new media server. Have you:

1. Made sure that the robotics shows up as "Unknown medium changer" in Device Manager, and that you're using the Symantec drivers for the tape drive/s? You can use tapeinst.exe to install the Symantec drivers for the tape drive.

Ans Don't have Unknown deivce ,   I backup to disk present LUN from Storage.

2. Made sure that any antivirus installed isn't perhaps blocking the BE services or actively scanning them? If so, put in an exclusion for them and check again.

Ans : i use symantech  endpoint 2012  now i try to disable network theart  and  Proactive already  exclude path C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec ,  Keep monitor to night

Thanks!

CraigV

Apologies, thought you were using a tape drive.

With a B2D make sure that it is also removed from any AV scanning as this can negatively impact performance.

Obvioulsy make sure that you have no hardware errors like a failed drive on your array.

Thanks!

momaymm
Level 5

I already disable AV all,   I installed driver for HBA card from vendor brocade company.

CraigV

...can you check the port speed on the FC switch to make sure it is running at the speed of the FC HBA?

Can you also make sure you have no errors on that port (you would have to log onto the FC switch and see if it has any diagnostics if you don't know where to look). Also, using the vendor drivers for the FC HBA is fine too.

Thanks!

momaymm
Level 5

New issue  may be  Network in use 100%

momaymm
Level 5

Now i found root cause   becuz  network interface speed 100MB  i will change to 1 GB and use NIC Teamming running 2 GB  already

This is solution