cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sqlsrvr.exe grows to take up huge amount of memory on SBS2003

Bob_Baumert
Level 3
We have BackupExec 9.1 on a Win 2003 SBS. Over time...something in the order of a few weeks, the process Sqlsrvr.exe grows to take up a huge amount of memory...1.5 GB in one example. On reboot, this process is < 50MB. I'm pretty sure that this is related somehow to BackupExec as this is about the only thing running other than the SBS services. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks -- Bob
4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Ellis_2
Level 5
What patches/hotfixes have you applied to Backup Exec. I seem to remember working a problem where Backup Exec's SQL engine and the real SQL server compete for memory.

So if apply the current HF's/Patches to Backup Exec I think you fix the problem.

Bob_Baumert
Level 3
I'm new to this server and backup setup. Previous tech is unavailable. I'm pretty sure no patchs/HFs have been done. I see 8 available on the tech support list. I suppose I should do them all, but any ideas which addresses this particular problem? It's not clear from the descriptions that any of them do.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Bob,

Does the problem regarding sqlsrvr.exe occupying huge memory persist? In case it does,do send us the details as to the time since when this problem occurs. Do you get any particular errors regarding Backup Exec in the event logs of windows? Is the backup exec application working well? In case the problem is resolved, do intimate us. If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.