cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stale Record (Orphaned Job)

Eric_Reid_2
Level 4
Does Symantec offer a tool to clean up �Stale� database records using SQL 2005 Standard? I�m currently experiencing two jobs sitting under Job Setup that I�m unable to delete. The jobs are not tied back to a policy so I should be able to delete them without any problems. I tried using BEUtility running �Check Database Consistency�, �Age Database�, �Compact Database Indices�, �Repair Database� and �Rebuild Database Indices� neither has worked. I could use a previous method of traversing through the BEDB using Microsoft SQL Manager to remove the record, but I rather not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric Reid
1 REPLY 1

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
There is no tool for this and it typically only happens when attempting to delete policy jobs when a job is running.

To have these orphaned jobs removed you should open a support case so that a support technician can remove them.

The following technote explains the issue and states that anyone encountering this problem should open a support case.

Document ID: 284077
http://support.veritas.com/docs/284077
Jobs are not running any more after making changes to jobs created by a policy and jobs still present after having done "Delete jobs created by policy", followed by unable to delete a job created by the policy.