cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported Environment: SQL2005 and MSDE 2000?

Todd_Schroeder
Not applicable
Here's my current environment: BE 10.0 sp1 on Windows 2003, using a MSDE 2000 database. Server is also a SQL server, initally running SQL 2000, now running production SQL 2005 (after having several CTP versions loaded and unloaded.

Backup Exec runs fine through all this, aside from the fact that I can't apply Hotfix 25 or sp3, which may or may not be related. Msi rolls back the installation.

I'm now looking at updating the environment to be able to backup SQL2005 databases. Obviously, I'll have to upgrade to 10.1d and apply Hotfix 6.

I have read that 10.1d is not supported running on SQL2005.

Is the environment where SQL2005 and MSDE 2000 are living side-by-side supported?

Or are my only options either taking MSSQL entirely off this box or falling back to SQL 2000?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

Ortho_Lawton
Level 5
One other option that I'm doing is to move your BE database off MSDE and onto your SQL 2005 instance, supported or not it works fine here.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- SQL2005 is compatible with 10d only when the following hotfix is installed

10.1.5629 Hotfix 6 - SQL 2005 (Yukon) support for Backup Exec 10d

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280204

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.