cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapped out Dell PV122 TBU unit

geemichael
Level 2
I have swapped a new one in place per warranty exchange with Dell. Your software doesn't seem to see it. What do I need to do to get your software to recognize and run my PV122 unit.

All I have done so far is to remove the defective unit, slide in the new one, hook up new SCSI connects.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
(re) run the hardware wizard

geemichael
Level 2
Yes I did that right after the post, the device was found and drivers were installed, it now shows up in Device Mgr, however the software will not run the slots, drives or unit.

Is there something inside Veritas that I must re-configure?

Jeffrey_Walton
Level 4
Hi Michael,

We found on a similar PowerVault (132T) a FW upgrade did wonders for the way BUE played with the PowerVault.

I also found that you do not want to check "Inventory Drives when Backup Exec starts". It seems if the PowerVault is initailizing or performing its own inventory, and then BUE issues an Inventory command, the unit will freeze.

I now manually Inventory from BUE after the PowerVault has stopped its inialization and inventory process.

Jeff

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

First check if the device is supported by refering to the hardware compatibility list given below.

(title) Where to find a list of supported devices for VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) and the latest drivers for supported tape drives and robotic libraries

http://support.veritas.com/docs/251466

if the device is tested then install latest latest Veritas drivers .
if the device is compatible then install OEM drivers and verify results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.