cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup 2014 : Server certificate issue with Epicor ERP system

m_khairuz
Level 3

Hi,

I have installed BE 2014 on windows server standard 2012 R2 that also installed with Epicor ERP system.

My problem is, once BE is install, the epicor system cannot be access due to Root server certificate have been created by BE. 

For example : The server name is ABC.

Once BE is install, in IIS Manager, under Server Certificate, a no name certificate Issued By ABC-ROOT is created. I have to delete manually the certificate to allow user to use Epicor system. For now, I have uninstall the BE until I find solution for this issue.

My question is : 

1) Does BE 2014 create server certificate? and for what purpose?

2) If yes, can I disable or remove permanently the certificate?

3) Or is there any other option to handle this issue

Appreciate any assistance on this matter. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Yes, BE does create certificate and is mainly used for enhanced network security via SSL.

2) It can be disabled, but not recommended at all and secondly, disabling it leaves your vulnerable.

3) Why not consider installing BE on a different server ? Or as suggested by CraigV, log a support call and maybe something can be worked out between the ERP vendor and us.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That certificate should be created for the trust relationship between the media server and remote servers. If this is causing an issue with your ERP system I'd suggest logging a call with Symantec to get this resolved.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Yes, BE does create certificate and is mainly used for enhanced network security via SSL.

2) It can be disabled, but not recommended at all and secondly, disabling it leaves your vulnerable.

3) Why not consider installing BE on a different server ? Or as suggested by CraigV, log a support call and maybe something can be worked out between the ERP vendor and us.

m_khairuz
Level 3

Hi VJware,

Thanks for the input. It give me some idea to plan further.

As for me, I do not want to disable the certificate. The fastest way that i see is to install it on a different server.

Thanks again. Appreciate your help.

m_khairuz
Level 3

Hi CraigV,

Thanks for your input on this matter. Appreciate that.