cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec 11d compatibility with Win 7

Karandikar
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a Dell T3500 workstation on which Win 7 is the OS. I have attached a Dell LTO5 standalone Tape Drive to the workstation.

The workstation detects the Tape drive.

However I am unable to install Backup Exec 11d on the workstation. Is it becoz 11d is not supported on Win 7 or is it some differennt issue?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi ,

To use windows workstation you can use BE 2010r2 that should work fine as said by rahul it is not supported with version 11

Please check the SCL for further information

Thank You

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Its is not supported . You would need to install BE 12.5 and above version of backup exec to get this working

Edit : refer http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50180

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why are you paraphasing what has been previously posted?  Your post adds no value to the discussion and you are fond of ticking of others for posting similiar answers to yours.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...in this case you should actually delete your post...

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

When I added the post rahul comment was only not supported so I think you should ask him why he have added the stuff later on when It was mention by me

Thank You

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

When I added the post rahul comment was only not supported so I think you should ask him why he have added the stuff later on when It was mention by me

Thank You

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Thanks for your feedback but if you could also put somre light on if your post was edited after me & or it was me who have made same comment as like you let me know will like to hear from you.

Thank You

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please stick to PMs if it doesn't have anything to do with the forum post...smiley

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for infor Windows 7 is not supported as a media server in Backup Exec 2010 R2 it is only supported as a remote agent. AFAIK the last workstation Operating System that was supported as a media server (in any version of Backup Exec) was XP.