cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec Quick Start Edition 2010 to Symantec Backup Exe 2010

Bigz40
Level 3

Hi All,

I am running Symantec Backup Exec Quick Start Edition 2010 which came with the backup storage (Tape Loader) and recently we have purchased Symantec Backup Exec 2010.

Now I want to install  Symantec Backup Exec 2010, are there any Do's and Don'ts. Do I have uninstall Backup Exec Quick Start Edition 2010 and then install Backup Exec 2010. Please let me know the right procedure.

Many Thanks

Zee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have downloaded 4 parts of ISO than you need to combine those ISO's into 1 file.

There may be different links but the installables are the same. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB

To convert Quick Start Edition to Full edition you just need to install license key(media server)

of the full version. No need to uninstall existing setup. 

Note: Make sure you are running latest version of 2010 i.e. BE2010 R3.

Bigz40
Level 3

Thanks AmolZeroCool,

I am running Backup Exec 2010 Quick Start Edition,

Media Server: V13 Rev. 2896

Administration COnsole: V13 Rev. 2896

Desktop & Laptop Option: V13 Rev. 3.42.44a

The server is not connected to Internet and no where close to internet connection. Is it possible to download updates to a CD or USB then install them on the Server. If yes then where i can download the updates.

Thanks

AmolB

Below is the download link for R3 

http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

Before upgrading stop SQL server BKUPEXEC service and make a copy of DATA & CATALOGS 

folder located in the installation directory of BE.

Bigz40
Level 3

I have already downloaded backup exec 2010 [Backup_Exec_2010_13.0_R3_SP1_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso.1of4] 4 parts file from the link provided to me by Symantec (supplier). 

Are both those links are the same or the link u have provided is to upgrade R3.

Thanks

AmolB

If you have downloaded 4 parts of ISO than you need to combine those ISO's into 1 file.

There may be different links but the installables are the same. 

Bigz40
Level 3

Thanks I will give it a go

Colin_Weaver

Just for info you can use your full edition 2010 license with the 2010 R1 (13.0.2896) you already have installed just by going through the licesing screens and taking out the Quick Start license before replacing it with the full edition license. 2010 R3 (13.0.5204) with latest Servcie Packs and Hotfixes is a recommended update that you can do either before or after adding the full license.

Bigz40
Level 3

Sorry for reply so late.. I had other more urgent jobs to do. This morning I have install Symantec Backup Exec 2010 and it working. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks