Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec or Doubletake Disaster Rocovery Solution

Scanner
Level 0
Partner
this is the setup
I have a live SBS2003 server on site called server1 (Site A) 75 remote offices connect to this server for file an mail access
should the server get stolen I need to replace it in as little time as possible and the clients should be non the wiser. when they log in
I want to Mirror server1 with server2 at my office (Site B) and have it replicating in real time or on a schedule.
after failover I need server2 to assume the role of server1 and become server1. I would then take the new server1 to Site A plug it into the network and log the clients in.
I would then buy another server and call it server2, starting the replication/failover process again ready for another disaster. 
Doubletake have a package which can do this but i would prefer to use a known brand.
is there a symantec package which can do this and where would i find someone who can explain the setup. All i get from symantec (if you are lucky enough to find  tel Number) Is a load of propaganda advertising data sheets. and no presales tech assistance.

I have 14 other clients ineterested in persuing this DR option if I cannot get a symantec product i will have to shell out a large sum to Doubletake for their package 
0 REPLIES 0