cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec v 10.0 5484 robotic arm

mbohnenkemper1
Level 3

I need help.  I have a very old ver of symantec backup and it ver 10.0.  5484.

I need everything,  I cant install updates or drivers due to needing to get to 10.1.  I have a HP surestor 718 with a robotic arm and the device driver doesnt recognize the robotic arm.   So if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.  Bassically I am trying to get the robotic arm to be recognized but if I can upgrade all the other stuff that would be great.

21 REPLIES 21

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Its still the same - Device State            1, Offline, ERROR = 0x0000007B (ERROR_INVALID_NAME)

the changer primary or serial number is not being detected at all. To understand what is going on refer http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH22577

Have you ensured the correct drivers are Installed for the medium changer ? It should show up as unknown medium changer. 

Have you performed a power cycle i.e. shut down the backup server, shut down the library, start the library and let it initialize completely and then turn on the backup server. If the error in adamm log doesnt change I would advice a complete hardware disgnostic to be run.

mbohnenkemper1
Level 3

I have rebooted server, rbooted the Tape drive many many times.   Yes in windows the changer says unknown media cahnger.   

This whole thing started with just getting the robotic arm to be recognized.    If I tell the tape drive to load a tape from the tape drive itself the robotic arm will loade the tape/s fine and BE sees it ok and will run fine coping data to tape.   I just cant get BE to show that it has a robotic arm so I can use it to control multile tapes.   Or load and unload multiple tapes.    Does that make sense?