cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic Backup and paralell jobs

Torge_Hjorth_2
Not applicable
Hi.

I have 5 synthetic backup running. Daily and Weekly backup are backed up to two separate BTD Folders. The jobs 5 separate selection lists and one common Policy.

Baseline and Daily backup runs fine.

When the Weekend Full jobs start, all 5 jobs starts in parallel causing the jobs to block each other when accessing the BTD Folders. I have set the Folders to allow 16 concurrent operations but it is not enough. The jobs are mostly waiting and loading media.

When I manually run one Weekend Full job at a time, the Weekend full runs fine.

How do I get around this problem?
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- You can create a device pool and target the jobs in the device pool.

- Kindly refer the following Document for the same.

Creating and configuring drive pools in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262932

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Torge_Hjorth
Not applicable
Hi.

I cannot see how this vill solve the problem. I will need to add a lot of BTDF folders, and I am not guraranteed that the jobs will be distributed across the BTDF folders in a way that does not stop the jobs from running.

A solution would be to limit the numer of jobs running in parallel when the jobs are created by a Policy. This could be implemented as a job rule.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Modify the job schedule and schedule the jobs in such a way that not all jobs overlap each other.

- So the number of concurrent jobs are less.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.