Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TECH160626

stevieh50
Level 2

Hi, I require the hotfix for this techical document

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160626

I am unable to expand the public folders during a restore job and receive the error displayed in the above tech doc.

If someone could please send me the hotfix it would be much appreciated.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have bought Symantec Backup Exec 2010 (or later) - then in most countires this was bundled with one years support as such you should be able to log a formal support case to get the required update.

At this current time the public release for this fix is being planned (although some updates for other issues are due for release first so I cannot provide an ETA)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As stated in the document, the hotfix has not been extensively tested and can only be obtained by contacting Tech Support.

stevieh50
Level 2

Easier said than done. Tried the email tech support link but version not shown, so used 12.5 and then its says no longer supported via email.

Tried to open a support case, but do not have a support contract..

so trying via forums. If anyone can give me an email address to use then I would use that.

I was hoping tech support read these forums and could send me the hotfix.

It shouldnt be this difficult to get a fix to a defect in the software

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...the reason why they want to get you to call in is around what pkh stated...it is not a tested HF from Symantec. So they're probably going to inform you of the risks, absolve themselves of any further issues  you might experience, and get some sort of confirmation from you. Microsoft do the same sort of thing, although they ask for a valid mail address in which they send you the link. The terms and conditions are in the mail, so they would refer you to that if you had to download the same sort of patch from Microsoft.

I've hit the support flag for you though, so hopefully someone from Symantec picks up on it...if you don't come right, try getting hold of the admin of the site, namely Swathi who MIGHT be able to help direct you in the right direction...

stevieh50
Level 2

Many thanks Craig

Hopefully someone from symantec support will contact me.

For information if they do read this, this is what I have done

1. restored a duplicate set to disk so could restore individual public folders

2. Attempted a restore from the duplicate set, can expand most folders apart from the one I want, thats when i get the error. If I try to restore the top level folder I also get the error on the restore job.

thanks again

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you have bought Symantec Backup Exec 2010 (or later) - then in most countires this was bundled with one years support as such you should be able to log a formal support case to get the required update.

At this current time the public release for this fix is being planned (although some updates for other issues are due for release first so I cannot provide an ETA)

stevieh50
Level 2

Hi Colin

thanks for the reply. we have just migrated them from Ver 11.0 as we have just upgraded their exchange server. It is running as a trial at the moment until we have completed all our tests.

And if I can not restore these public folders then they will be questioning the softwares ability to deal with their backups. Building another exchange server and restoring the whole information store is a last resort due to the size of their databases.

I am happy to use a hotfix that has not been fully tested, as in the tech doc it does say one is available.

many thanks

Steve