cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape ejected

St_phane_KOHL
Level 3
Hi,

I'm running 9.1 and get the same problem with 9.0. I can't install sp1 (don't know why).
So evry wendsday my tape is automaticly ejected without any reason, and then the job is not done. I get this error :

Error - Mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 6:02:14 PM
Completed status: Canceled
Final error: 0x0 -
Final error category: Other Errors

I've try to change the time frame for this day but nothing change,
I delete all the jobs and remake it new, but still no change.

So If anybody have a solution .
Thanx
5 REPLIES 5

St_phane_KOHL
Level 3
Nobody got the same problem ?

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Hi,

No I don't have the same problem. Installing SP1 is not that much of a problem, at least not in my case.

If you check your tape how much space is used ? Does the data you want to backup fit on the tape ?

Kind regards
A van der Boom

St_phane_KOHL
Level 3
Yes I have enough space, I make a differencial backup evry day and a full one with overwriiting the tape on thursday. And the tape is ejected evry wendsday when the job start.

regards

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This error mainly occurs due The cartridge is protected by overwrite or append periods

The tape may be ejected if data to be backed up exceeds the capacity of the tape and Backup Exec expects another tape to be inserted in the tape device to continue backup. An alert will be generated in that case.

As a preliminary step to isolate it, try backing up the same data using the native Windows 2000 backup utility (NTbackup) and verify if it can perform the backup. Check if it is ejected and also verify if data is accommodated
on a single tape or it requires more than one tape. Stop all Backup Exec services prior to using NTbackup.

= Ensure that the tape device is upgraded to latest firmware level.
= Check if the problem appears for a single media or multiple media.
= Move the media on which you intend to perform an overwrite operation into Scratch Media and then perform the backup job.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not move the fresh tape or scratch tape into media set before running a backup job. Specify the Media set name when configuring the backup job properties. This will write the "Overwrite Protection
Period" and "Append Period" to the tape header after the backup job finishes.
= Try changing the setting to overwrite scratch media first, and verify the results.
= Refer to the following technotes which will provide you additional information to resolve the problem:

A.
URL - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/246967.htm

B.

URL - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240947.htm

C.
URL - http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm

Thka you for updating teh result.
If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Regards,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply