Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tape question

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I came across something that it is new for me, and may be someone can help me,

we have a Dell tape library and BE 2010 R2, we have some partitions on the library and untill now we had no problem with the BE 2010, today one of the tapes of one the partitions become full, We have a media set that I called it Vault and always we move the full tapes to this media set vault (this media set has a property of Do not allow over write), today I moved the tape 4(the full tape) to this media set and move a blank tape in its palce I can backup to the new tape but when go to the media set vualt I can see that tape 4 has a clock signe (or something like it) and also can see the tape 4 has 2 times there. any idea why tape 4 is 2 times there and what this clock singe means? I think it means the tape is offline but why? and how can I bring it back online? I made an screenshot of it, I hope someone has an idea.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Run an inventory and post backup results

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Run an inventory and post backup results

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi Cool,

Thanks for your repaly,

I did run the inventory on the Tape 4 that has the clock signe on it and this is the result:

Inventory Device 00018Job Log for Inventory Device 00018

Completed status: Completed with exceptionsExpand AllCollapse All
      Job Information
Server name : NTS59Job name    : Inventory Device 00018Job log     : C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data\BEX_NTS59_01209.xmlDevice name : DELL 0001

Utility Job Information
SlotBarcodeMedia LabelStatusDevice14000004L5000004L5QUANTUM 0001Tape Alert Information----- TapeAlert Events -----

The device has reported the following TapeAlert diagnostic information.
Please contact your device manufacturer for more information regarding TapeAlerts.

Warning - The tape drive is due for a routine cleaning:
1. Wait for the current operation to finish.
2. Then use a cleaning cartridge.
Check the tape drive users manual for device specific cleaning instructions.
Robotic Library: DELL 0001
Drive: QUANTUM 0001
Slot: 14

Job Completion Status
Job started     : Monday, December 19, 2011 10:51:21 AMJob ended       : Monday, December 19, 2011 10:54:05 AMCompleted status: Completed with exceptions

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replay,

I think the suggestion of the Cool has helped, after the running the inventory I did schtuel a database consistencey and now I can see only one tape 4 without any clock signe on it and I can resotre data from this tape.

Thanks for you help on this issue

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Move all the medias with empty media location to the retired media set and delete them from there. In your case the one with a symbol on it.

Regards....