cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Run and Daily Backups never finish

Kenzii
Level 3

Hi All,

recentely backups have not been completeing.

THey appear to be running on schedule but the backup job doesnt seem to backup any data and never finishes - The only way that i can finish the job would be to turn off the services on the server and cause the backup to crash out.

This is happening with test runs aswell - i have tried using the BEUtility to repair and recover the database like suggested in a internet forum that i found (problems with relating to but not 100% same to what I am expiriencing)

Backup exec backs up the main file server, a remote system state and a network folder on the backup DC and was working about 1 month ago before it randomlly died.

Nothing has changed in terms of hardware or editting the daily job.

please help

4 REPLIES 4

Munir2Fast
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

Please check for any pending alerts, refer to the following link for the same :

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH58570

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Have you tried backing up a small directory?  Did it complete?

2) Go to Tools --> Options ---> Database Maintenance and check the time that BE does its daily database maintenance.  If the time clashes with the time for your job, change the time so that it does not clash.

Kenzii
Level 3

sorry for the delayed reply. as a result to this - they way around it was to completely remove all backup jobs and remake them.

This resolved this issue.

Although now i am having issues with the tape automatically ejecting as soon as the media tries to overwrite? I need to append then overwrite. my media set should do this but something is telling it differently?

Thanks

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi Kenzil ,

For this please open a new thread & as you have asked the question with backupexec the first operation on blank tape will be overwrite so you cannot append it for first time but yes if tape as some data on it & if it is in media set infinite allow appen backupexec should apppend if in backup job you have selected append & if no appendable media found overwrite

Thank You