cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test run byte count vs real byte cout

Roy_Capline
Level 2

Hi,

I've searched the forum and google but can't seem to find an answer to my question.I might have been searching wrong.

I have Backup Exec 2010 R2 who backs up remote agents and him self. Now i had some room lest on the tapes (55GB) so i decided to backup another remote agent.

When i saw that the backup woudn't fith on the tape i deselected some options but saw no change. Eventually i excluded the remote agent from the backup. Thinking i would fith again. But still the backup woudn't finish. It wants a new tape and the free space on the tapes is only 2Gb.
I then excluded all the pagefiles from all the agents wich would give me an extra 40GB less to backup. But still no change in the byte count and BackupExec still wants a new tape.

When i run a test run it counts 1.6TB while the real job counts 1.8TB +.
Anybody have any idee why this happens? Look like the job still thinks it has te backup file that aren't in the selection.

Tnx!

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

The below link describes about test run with backup exec

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92797

Hope that helps

Thanks

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

When i saw that the backup woudn't fith on the tape i deselected some options but saw no change. Eventually i excluded the remote agent from the backup. Thinking i would fith again. But still the backup woudn't finish.

Just to clarify to myself, are you making these changes in selections when the backup is still in progress and waiting for tapes? If so, any changes made to backup job will come into effect from the next run doesn't make any changes to job that is in progress.

Roy_Capline
Level 2

@Kiran Bandi,

No, all changes happen when no jobs are active. I've also checked the "view selection details" to make sure nothing was in the list that didn't want to backup.

Roy_Capline
Level 2

@Backup_Exec,

Helas, the article you linkt does not apply to this. Since the test run is succesfull and much less byte count then what used to be backupped on the tapes.