cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

hswihart
Level 3

I am getting the error "The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding."  I see that Sharvari wrote to see technotes 278779 and 273562.  One is not a fix for this issue and the other says don't do the hotfix it suggests if the problem is not exactly the problem listed in the technote.  The first technote is called

Backup jobs fail with "out of memory" error or memory and handle leaks appear when creating snapshots with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service providers.

The second is called

Backup fails with the error "AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\<Server Name>\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Snapshot provider error (0x8007000E): Ran out of memory"

and it warns to not do the hotfix it suggests if your problem is not this exact error.

Just thought I would get that out of the way so if Sharvari answers I won't get those suggestions again. 

I am not finding answers online that appear to solve the problem can anyone suggest something?  My backups are not running at all due to this error.  Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Heather

Heather

1 REPLY 1

hswihart
Level 3

Oh and also the user of that thread said the hotfixes didn't work anyway and messed him up more so I don't want to try those.

Heather