cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The query for the job history records has taken longer than allowed.

Alex_Leung
Level 3
I have Backup Exec 11d installed on a Windows 2003 R2 Standard server. When I first started using Backup Exec, there were no issues with viewing the Job Logs under the Job History section of the Job Monitoring tab. However, now, I can't view the Job Logs at all.

When I go to the Job Monitoring tab, the Job History section says "Loading..." for a few minutes. And then eventually a popup appears saying:
The query for the job history records has taken longer than allowed. Use or create a job history custom filter to reduce the number of jobs displayed.

This happens regardless of what filter I use for viewing the Job Logs.

If I go to the location of where the Job Logs are supposed to be stored (D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\NT\Data), I can see the .htm and .xml files. So the Job Logs are being created, it's just that Backup Exec can't seem to display them.

I believe it's due to two particularly large files in that directory:
BEDB.bak is 1.08Gigs
bedb_dat.mdf is 1.24Gigs

What are these files? How do I reduce their size? Is this even the cause of the problem?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Alex_Leung
Level 3
*bump* any one have any ideas?

Alex_Leung
Level 3
*bump* nobody? Any suggestions as all to even begin diagnosing this problem?

Alex_Leung
Level 3
*last bump*
Please anybody have any ideas? I can't figure this out. Thanks!

CookPharmicaIT
Level 2
Bump.  Having the same problem.

I opened case number 281185041 to report this issue.

I think what happened was that there was a missed job that Backup Exec kept retrying 20 times per minute over the course of a 2 week period.  Which ended up causing tens of thousands of missed jobs.  Obviously it is a software flaw because it created so many missed job history records that the database query times out.  The default option should be to cancel the job until the next scheduled occurence, but this isn't the case.

Doug M.
Cook Pharmica LLC