cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The resource could not be backed up on a Windows 2003 DC

Ryan_VI
Level 2
To Whom It May Concern,

This is a Windows 2003 SP2 Domain Controller with Veritas 11D & CPS installed on it.  It has the Exchange, AD, and Sharepoint Agents installed.  I am trying to backup the C Drive, System State, and the Shadow Copy Components on the local server.  The error below is what I am recieving.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 at 10:33:12 PMCompleted status: FailedFinal error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.Final error category: Resource ErrorsFor additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- ServerName
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine Servername.The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.Remote Agent not detected on \\Servername.
2 REPLIES 2

SRodriguez
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Ryan:

I will need you to check that the Remote Agent for windows Servers is running on your media server and it is using "Local System Account" instead of a regular account.  Also, verify that you don't have another application using port 10000 that could be conflicting with the Remote Agent.

Regards,

Sandra Rodriguez
Advanced Technical Support Engineer

Ryan_VI
Level 2
I have verified that the backup exec agent authentication is set and was set to use local system.  The backup seemed to be failing on the System State since there is no entry for it in the backup log.  The only other application that we have on the server is WSUS 3.0 which uses port 8530.  This shouldn't be an issue since this backup issue was occuring before this was installed.  Here is some further information.

I have also run a backup with just the System State and the Shadow Copy Components selected and it works.  I have also updated it using live update and re-pushed all of the remote agents. I have also gone into the text version of the selection list, deleted all entries, and recreated it from scratch.  Hopefully this might resolve the issue. 

Any other points of view on a solution is welcome.

Thanks,

Ryan