cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time window settings not applying

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
I set a time window on a job for 2:00am to 3:00am. When the job kicked off at 2:00am, there was no tape available, but instead of queuing and waiting for the tape, the job failed within 2 SECONDS!
I had done an uninstall of ver 8.6 and a new install of ver 10 5520 that same day. So far not at all impressed with ver 10, but that's another story.

Why would this job not wait on a tape to become available?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Have you configured the alerts to be automatically responded to? Check the link below:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254685.htm

Also, open up the backup job properties, go to "Device and Media" section, what is the "When this job begins" set at? Is it "Append to media, terminate job if no appendable media is available"? If so, change it.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
Thanks for the response.

The only alerts about this job report that it failed due to Physical Volume Library Media not found.

I do have the job set to append - terminate if no appendable media is found. It has to be set this way because other servers also backup to that tape. I can't have this job overwrite data already on the tape.

I do not understand why the bothersome 'time window' is not working. I have it set to 2am-3am, but the job fails within 2 seconds.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please check the corresponding "Media Set" properties for the tape.

Is there enough space on the tape for the job?

Is the tape shown as "appendable" in the "Media" tab?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.