cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Veritas MOM MP 2005.

Loren_Hudson
Level 2
The problem I am having is the MP, is not auto discovering any of my servers running Backup exec or even the agents.  This being said I manually added 1 of the main backup servers to the MP group. Over night nothing was recorded. 

I do not have any firewalls installed, and the mom server is on the same switch as the servers I am trying to scan. 

I currently have, exchange MP, Windows server 2003 MP, Proliant, EXBPA MP, IIS MP all installed and they are all working fine with auto discovery and event loggin. 

We are running Veritas 10.1d on multiple servers.

I have downloaded "Q148528.MOM.100.5484_271030" MP as sugguesed from posts with in these boards.  I have also read the white papers on this MP.

The white paper says there is no additional configuration to the MP when you intall it so I have made no changes except adding 1 of the veritas servers manually to the veritas computer group.

Any sugguestions would be greatly appreciated, if you need more information just ask.

1 REPLY 1

Loren_Hudson
Level 2
I wanted to update by posting, my problem resolved itself after 2 days. It found the 4 servers running VERITAS. So I am glad no one waisted time posting ideas before I could get back to responding.

I have another issue however, more of a question. I find the events take for ever to load into this MP, and I just wanted to know if it is normal to wait 3-5 seconds for the Event to show up when I click on events. Even if I click off and back on after it had just displayed me the 3 or 4 events.  Just seems very laggy.  Other MP's are much more responsive.