cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to backup Deduplication folder via shadow copy

RokaIT
Level 3

I'm trying to backup the deduplication via shadow copy, but when I expand the shadow copw in the selection list of the media server, there is no option available to backup the deduplication data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RokaIT
Level 3

Since Symantec did not bother to continue helping, I found the problem on my own.

The Backup exec remote server was using local system, instead of the service account that I created.  This has fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You got to select the shadow copy component of the volume that the dedup folder resides on.  Also, you just select the entire shadow copy component, not just part of it.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You should see a selectable object called "Backup Exec DeDuplication Storage" located inside

"All Resources" --> "Shadow Copy Components" --> "User Data"

when looking in the backup selections of the BE console running on the media server that is running DeDup

Have you actually expanded "User Data" or did you expect the DeDuplication object to exist immediately inside the Shadoww Copy section?

RokaIT
Level 3

My problem is that I do not have a "User Data" section under "Shadow Copy Components"  I just have "Service State".

Colin_Weaver

Are you using a full domain/local admin account for yourSystem Logon and Service accounts?

Are any custom group policies applied that might limit access?

RokaIT
Level 3

Member of Local and Domain admin groups.  No custom group policy.

OS is Server 2003 x64 R2

RokaIT
Level 3

Any other ideas?

RokaIT
Level 3

Since Symantec did not bother to continue helping, I found the problem on my own.

The Backup exec remote server was using local system, instead of the service account that I created.  This has fixed the problem.

AmolB

Are you refering to BE remote agent service?

By design BE remote agent service uses local system account.