cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to restore one file, comes up queued

William_Lee
Not applicable
Hello, I am trying to restore one file from a media set of 7 tapes in an Autoloader. The restore job sits at queued and never changes. BackupExec will ask for the tape, but its in there. I've run inventory, catalog, start & stop the services, nothing.

If I check on slots in the devices tab, the tape it wants is in a slot, if I try to import the tape (it tells me too on a pop up some times), the slot then changes to .
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Does the Inventory and Catalog operations on the tape succeed? When the job goes queued, does it give you any alert in the alerts tab? Also check if all the backup exec services are running when the restore begins.
Refer to the following technote:

A restore job performed with a robotic library stays queued and Backup Exec does not prompt to insert the proper tape into the library.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267336

If the issue persists, revert with some more details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.