cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - OES/SLES file marked Read-Only will not restore

JeffB
Level 4

Using BU Exec 2010 and SLES10/OES2

Trying to do full restore to another OES/NSS volume and BU Exec will not restore any files that were originally marked as read-only.  Saw a couple other threads about this, but no solutions.

Need help with this ASAP

thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

I am not sure what error you have received while doing the restore , So see atleast you can try below thing,

Another option is to restore the files to an NTFS volume, and then move the files to the NSS volume manually.  Note that this process will not restore any Novell trustee information that may have been attached to the files.

Above I am commenting from the link below

http://support.veritas.com/docs/352181

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please no shot in the dark answers. The OP states the data cannot be restored if read-only...

jayaramk19831
Level 4
Employee

Hi Jeff

Is this a 64 bit or a 32 bit NSS volumes backup?

Note that we do not support backup/restore of 64 bit NSS volumes on OES platforms. I will try to check how the "read-only" scenario works in this case and report back.

Thanks,

Jayaram

criley
Employee Accredited

I worked with a customer on this issue some time ago and the root cause was that they were running 64bit OES which, as already pointed out, is not currently supported. More details:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136766

Are you running x64 SLES?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just great. I was responding to a post on Debian that's also on the BE forum at the moment...not sure why I posted here, so I cleared my information!

I was checking the BE 2012 SCL for that and that alone! Go figure.

Apologies.

criley
Employee Accredited

The original post is about BE 2010.

And please refer to page 17 of the BE 2012 SCL:

5. Supported with Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) 2.0 SP1-SP3, with NSS, NDS, GroupWise and iFolder on 32-bit and 64-bit platforms for SUSE 10 only. (NOTE: NSS only supported on 32-bit)

JeffB
Level 4

yes, 64-bit OS....  that's the issue. 

Any idea if/when this will be fixed?  Saw threads about it from 2010...

thanks all for the replies

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm probably not the best person to comment on this but I do know that we are working on adding support for OES11 (which is x64 only).

I don't know if support for NSS on x64 will be back-ported to previous versions of OES though...

JeffB
Level 4

I don't know if support for NSS on x64 will be back-ported to previous versions of OES though...

boo

thanks for the reply though