cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Remote Agent on BackupExec 2010 R2

fjoerdman
Level 2

Hi Folks

i just have installed the BackupExec 2010 R2 Media Server on a W2k8 R2 Domain Controller - everything works fine.

Now i am trying to install the remote agent on a w2k3 R2 Domain Controller, but everytime i try to push the installation, I got the error "Access denied. Check Login Account Data" (i am 100% sure, that i am typing the right username, passward and domain).

In the next step I tried to install the remote agend locally, but the only file i see on C:\programm files\symantec\backup exec\raws is raws.mst - nothing more (but the installation routine said "installation successfull". So this is very weird and hopefully sombody can help me.

BTW the firewall on both systems are disabled, also McAfee Virusscanning is disabled.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings Fjoerdman

6 REPLIES 6

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Copy RAWSx64 folder local to target server

Open command prompt with Run as administrator

and then point to this RAWSx64 folder which you have copied, and execute setupaa.cmd.

fjoerdman
Level 2

this is not possible because the system where i try to install the remote agent is Windows SErver 2003 (x86).

I also tried the folder RAWSx32 and execute setupaa.cmd with the same resolution - i just so the raws.mst on the specified folder.

regards, fjoerdman

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

Please try to install on any other machine to make sure files in RAWS folder is not corrupted

Also .netframe work 3.5 is required on machine to install RAWS

you can copy it from x:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents\DotNetFx

install that on target machine and then try installing remote agent

Do you have any error in win event viewer about this install?

fjoerdman
Level 2

i am able to do a remote installation on antoher windows server 2003 (x86).

.netframework 3..5 SP1 was already installed, so i did a repair installation and restarted the server, but nothing changes.

also nothing on the event viewer.

thanks for your support.

regards, jens

Striker_303
Level 6
Employee

You should check RAWSINST.HTM

(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs)

and look for the problem.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are these DCs in the same domain? If so, what is your functional level? Do you have an antivirus on that affected server? If so, look at disabling it, and then trying the reinstall again!