cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Remote Agent on local machine

Paul_Beck
Level 2
I upgraded my server to 11d. Now, I am unable to backup the system state on my local server. I have read the related knowledge base articles and followed their instructions. I have checked that the user account used by Backup Exec has domain admin rights. I have performed a repair install of Backup Exec and re-booted the server. I have confirmed that the windows firewall is disabled. The remote agent backups my Exchange server without errors. Are there any other suggestions?
10 REPLIES 10

maxi_maximus
Level 4
Can you try setting all the Backup Exec services to start with "Local System Account".

Under the log on tab change to "local system account"

Lance_Smith_2
Not applicable
I have also had this problem since upgrading to 11d and have been unsuccessful in resolving it. Here are the error details.

Job Completion Status:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

Error:

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- SERVERNAMEV-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine SERVERNAME.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
Remote Agent not detected on \\SERVERNAME.

Paul_Beck
Level 2
I changed all the Backup Exec services to run under the local system account. it did not resolve the problem. The backup still fails to backup the local system state and its unable to backup my exchange server. I will reset the account back to the domain admin account.

Brian_King
Level 2
I am receiving this error as well. I "upgraded" the server last Thursday. It worked fine that night and Friday, but has failed with this error the past two nights. In my case though, Exchange is backing up...it is only the system state that is not being grabbed.

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Hi Guys,

Same problem here as well. Upgrade from 10d with all patches and updates to 11d. Worked fine for the first two or three nights then stopped. We had to reboot for windows patches and I think that is where it stopped working. Our backup services run under the local services account by default, nothing there has changed.

Paul_Beck
Level 2
I deleted my backup jobs and recreated them with the policy wizard. When I ran a test, it succeeded. Hopefully, that fixed it. I'll know for sure tomorrow. I'll post the results here.

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Please do let us know how you make out. I can not recreate my backup jobs, it will take far to long as we have about 9 backup jobs over 40 servers with tons of exclusions and schedules....aahhh!

Paul_Beck
Level 2
Recreating the backup jobs solved the problem. Backup Exec successfully backed up the system state on the local machine. I still got a "failed job" but that was because I didn't properly configure the AOFO.

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that was the case Paul.

Mikko_V_nttinen
Level 2
I also had the same error after upgrade, but recreating the selection lists and jobs solved it for me too...