cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete entries from Selection Details window

Kris_Gallaher
Level 2
I'm having a problem editing one of my selection lists.  I recently renamed a server and now the backup job is failing because it's still looking for the server with the previous name.  I am attempting to edit the selection list by clicking on the "View Selection Details" tab and highlighting the entries I want to remove.  After I click on Delete, it removes the entry.  When I click OK to close the window, I get an hourglass (as if it's processing).  Then the hourglass goes away, but the window doesn't close.  If I click on the X to close the window, the window closes, but it doesn't save my changes.  Any idea on what could be happening here?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Kieran1
Level 1
Partner
Hi Kris, went through the same thing in 11D after an upgrade from 10D.  Worked with Symantec for many hours on different occasions.  The only thing that fixed it was actually replacing the database and logs.  Of course I lost everything and now am recreating the selection list.  My suggestion is to create a listing of your selections before nuking the list.  Oh well, it is letting me edit it now though.  Good Luck!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you using GUI mode or Text mode to edit the Selection List?

If you are using GUI, try Text

If that still doesn't work, you probably need to delete the Selection List and recreate it

Kris_Gallaher
Level 2
Thanks for the info!  I was trying to delete using the text method.  I'm currently working with Symantec on this issue and they had me delete the selection list and the jobs and recreate them.  That seemed to take care of that problem.  Now I just have to figure out why it won't back up a few of my Exchange public folders.  Getting an access denied error.  Thanks again!