cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine ADAMM media identification

Chris_Long
Level 2
When trying to run the duplicate D2T job, we immediately get this error and the job fails:

Unable to determine ADAMM media identification

We bought some new SDLT tapes recently and I've formatted & labelled them and moved them into the correct media set.
I thought it might just be failing on these new tapes, so I tried an older one which I know works and that failed too.

The normal differential job ran last night with sucess. The job was completed to disk and then onto tape with no errors.

So it seems we're only getting this error when trying to put the full B2D onto tape.

So far I haven't found any helpful information on this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Message was edited by:
Chris Long
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Recreate the duplicate the jobs manually and verify the results.
If this works you will need to recreate all the duplicate jobs.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Chris_Long
Level 2
Problem was fixed by recreating the job.

Thanks for the help.
Chris-

Mark_Vander_K1
Not applicable
I have been given this issue to diagnose on one of our remote installations of Verities v10. I don't think this is version specific but may have to do with job order of back-up-to-disk followed by duplicate to tape.

On this instance, we have 4 jobs running with backup-to-disk following each job. 1 backup-to-disk folder was set up with all jobs dumping data into that folder.

The problem appears after 2 backup jobs finish at the same time. Each job on completion update the Changer.cfg to reflect the B2D files used. If a job finishes after that job but before the duplicate job starts, that information will no longer reflect the backup to duplicate and will error.

2 options for fixing this that I am trying are:
Staggering all jobs so this conflict does not occur
Creating different backup-to-disk folders for each job

I have created different backup-to-disk folders for each job on another server I look after and have never had this problem. I will try the other option and post results.