cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Unable to install remote agent in HP UX 11.11

Chor
Level 2
Hi All,

Is there anyone familiar with backup remote agent install on HP UX, i have been doing it for few weeks, it is still not working, the problem is , when i mount the CD " Linux and Unix remote agent install" on HP UX, i am not successful proceed with the installation by issuing this command ./installralus but error message " unable to found" . for detail, kindly refer to administrator guide through backupexec media server console, you are able to access the administrator guide in page 941.

After testing and over testing, eventually, there is something that being identified, while you access the sysmantec provided CD, you are able to view all the file correctly in windows environment, however, when you insert the CD and mount it on UNIX server, when we execute ls -la command on cd rom, the list of file is out of format, for instance, installra;1. and so on.

At this time in point, the only way to get the proper files export from the CD is through the samba service, when i export the file through samba for testing, the file being export to UNIX is maintain 100% same, therefore, i should be able to proceed the installation, however, i got another issue is, due to size constraint on /root directory, i have no choice to park my files through samba service to /var/ralus. but installation still can not be proceed due to it requires on root directory.

Is there anyone come across this issue when install remote agent on HP UX, perhaps, is there any alternative way to get remote agent install on other path instead of root directory, please advice.
it seem to be symantec installation method in Unix doesn't help,

Chor
0 REPLIES 0