cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to my vackup exec console.

Nahum_Eliash
Level 3
Hi guys,

Recently i installed the symantec backup exec console on my XP machine insted of logging evertime to my backup server.
Just for the record, i'm using the BE12.5 with all the updates.

The problem is that after a few a week or so, I'm double clicking the BE12.5 icon, enter the user name and password to login to the console, and i'm getting an error: "AN EXTENDED ERROR HAS OCCURED"...

When i log in to the server it self, i have no problems with my user name and passowrd, so i thought that maybe a restart to my XP station and the backup server will resolve this issue,,,but....yeah, you wer'e right....same error. :)

I hope you'll be able to help me to resolve this little issue,

Best regards,

Nahum
Israel.
4 REPLIES 4

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi Eliash,

You can launch beutility and create a new account.

Regards

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Please check if you get any error in windows event logs when you try opening the console . You can try repairing backup exec from the add remove program and see if that works 

Also verify that all the services are running fine with the proper account .

Nahum_Eliash
Level 3
Well, first of all...

I did exactlly the thing you told me....went to the add/remove programs and did a repair on the installation but...it didn't help.
When opening the the symantec BE12.5 console i can see that when i open type the server name, i see on the bottom right a green play button and a message "all ther sevices are running".

So, do you have any other idea?

Best regards,
Nahum.

Nahum_Eliash
Level 3
Hi Omar,

I did a little search on google to find out what this tool beutility is doing, and i saw something about creating a new databse.
Did you had the same EXACT problem i mentioned in my case and used this application to fix it?

I really don't want to install something without understanding what the consequences will be.

Best regards,
Nahum
Israel