cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to run backup using SAP R/3 agent

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
When trying to run a backup using the SAP R/3 Agent I get the following error. The biparm file is configured and all appropriate changes have been made in the initKT1.sap file. Please advise how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Cindy

BR0252E Function _pclose() failed for 'D:\usr\sap\KT1\SYS\exe\run\backint.exe -u KT1 -f backup -i H:\oracle\KT1\sapbackup\.bdruptso.lst -t fil
BR0253E errno 0: No error
BR0272E Execution of program 'D:\usr\sap\KT1\SYS\exe\run\backint.exe -u KT1 -f backup -i H:\oracle\KT1\sapbackup\.bdruptso.lst -t file_online
BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2006-01-24 18.00.08
BR0231E Backup utility call failed
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What is the version of SAP? Is it on an Oracle database? What is the exact error message in the job log? Are there any errors in the event logs?

Revert with details to the above questions.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
SAP 4.7 Enterprise. Yes, Oracle Database. The error you see is the exact error in DB13 on SAP. No errors or logs show in Veritas or the event viewer.

Please advise.
Thanks,
Cindy

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
What is the message in the BE job log, are there any exceptions.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
Apparently, nobody read what I wrote. The job was not being created in Veritas/Backup Exec. It was being created in transaction DB13 on SAP. There was no job being created/generated inside of Backup Exec - therefore there were no job logs to provide any error.

Since then I have resolved the issue myself!

Cindy_Rasey
Level 4
Nobody helped me resolve this - I figured out the problem and resolved it myself.